- B.A., University of Minnesota (Philosophy and Classics)
- M. Div., Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology
- Th. D., University of Thessaloniki (Doctoral Thesis: Orthodox Spiritual Life according to St. Silouan of Mount Athos)
- Professor of Dogmatic Theology
- E-mail: email@example.com
Born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota of Greek-American parents, Dr. Boosalis grew up at St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church. Upon graduation from Seminary, he served his home parish as a lay assistant and youth director under the tutelage of his life-long parish priest, Fr. Anthony M. Coniaris. He went on to pursue his doctoral degree in Greece under the direction of Prof. Georgios Mantzaridis. His dissertation provides a systematic presentation of the teaching of St. Silouan of Mount Athos on Orthodox spiritual life, highlighting its relevance for today.
Dr. Boosalis has been teaching dogmatic theology as a full time faculty member at St. Tikhon’s since the Fall of 1992, when he organized, developed and implemented a new curriculum for the entire sequence of dogmatic courses in the Master of Divinity degree program. He serves the Seminary as the Chairman of the Department of Theology and Spirituality and is a member of the Academic Affairs Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, the Curriculum Committee and the Faculty Development Committee.
He is the author of four books:
- Taught by God
- Knowledge of God
- Orthodox Spiritual Life According to St. Silouan of Mount Athos
- The Joy of the Holy
His guest lectures include:
- ‘The Spiritual Significance of Icons in the Orthodox Faith.’
- ‘An Orthodox Perspective of Suffering.’
- ‘The Theology of Theosis.'
- ‘Orthodoxy and Islam: A Theological Perspective.’
- 'St. Silouan of Mt. Athos and Orthodox Spiritual Life.'
- 'Love: Our Path to Holiness.'
- 'The Practice of Prayer.'
- 'Death and Resurrection in Light of the Orthodox Faith.'
Since the Summer of 2002, Dr. Boosalis has been leading a group of St. Tikhon’s seminarians on an annual pilgrimage to Iviron Monastery on Mount Athos, Greece.
In the summer of 2009, Dr. Boosalis participated in a teaching mission to Tanzania in East Africa, conducted under the auspices of the Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC).
In the summer of 2011, Dr. Boosalis participated in a teaching mission to Turkana, Kenya also conducted under the auspices of the Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC).
Join Mailing List